- Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo 250Ml
- What the medicine is for
- Neutrogena® T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo is a fragranced medicated shampoo which should be used two or three times a week, for the treatment of itchy, flaky scalp disorders such as dandruff, psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. Regular use helps control these problems, while leaving your hair shiny and manageable. The shampoo can be used by adults and children aged 12 years and over.
- This carton was revised April 2016.©
- ®Registered trade mark.
- Neutar solubilised coal tar extract
- Effective treatment for scalp psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis (dry, itching scalp), dandruff
- Treats your scalp, cares for your hair
- Pack size: 250ML
The active ingredient is: Neutar™ Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 20 mg/ml, Other ingredients are: Macrogol Lauryl Ether (4), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Cocodiethanolamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Parahydoxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Perfume (contains Esters of Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (E321)), Sodium Chloride and Purified Water
Store away from direct sunlight.Do not store above 25°C. Do not use after the expiry date printed on the top of the carton.
Preparation and Usage
- How to use this product
- This product is for cutaneous and external use only. This means it should only be used to treat the skin on your scalp.
- Applying the Shampoo
- 1) Wet hair thoroughly.
- 2) Apply liberal amounts of shampoo and massage into the scalp to form a rich lather.
- 3) Leave the lather on the scalp for several minutes.
- 4) Rinse and repeat the application once more.
- 5) Rinse thoroughly, avoiding contact with eye
- Retain carton for full instructions.
- Before using the shampoo
- This product is suitable for most people. If you are in any doubt about using this product talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use this product if you have
- – Had a bad reaction to coal tar or any ingredients in this product.
- – Inflamed or broken skin.
- – A rare and severe form of psoriasis causing redness, inflammation and blistering of the skin (erythrodermic or pustular psoriasis).
- If any of the above applies talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Special Warnings about the product
- – Avoid contact with eyes.
- – Coal tar may cause your skin to react to sunlight after use, so you should avoid direct sunlight immediately after use.
- – In rare cases, there may be temporary discolouration of blond, bleached or tinted hair.
- Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding unless recommended by your doctor.
- Some of the ingredients can cause problems
- – Methyl (E218) and Propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions which could be delayed.
- – Esters of benzoic acid, benzyl benzoate and butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) can mildly irritate the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- Children under 12 years of age
- Should not be used by children under 12 years of age.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over
- Apply the shampoo as described above two or three times a week.
- – Treatment should last about 6 weeks. If there is no improvement after 6 weeks consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- – If irritation develops, stop using the shampoo and contact your doctor if necessary.
- If anyone has swallowed this product
- If you or your child accidentally swallows T/Gel® Shampoo, contact a doctor or your nearest accident and emergency department (Casualty) taking this pack with you.
- Possible side-effects
- This product can have side-effects like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
- Effects which may occur include:
- – Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- – Allergic reactions including itchy rash and sensitivity to light.
- – Dry hair, hair loss, acne like breakouts or rash.
- – Application site reactions including skin irritation, burning sensation, itching and dry scalp.
- Reporting of side-effects
- If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side- effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side-effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side-effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.